[web-team] [Officers] April 6th Meeting of SVLUG

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 24 21:52:42 PST 2005

Quoting William R Ward (bill at svlug.org):

> >Complimentary parking available in the deck off Great America. Please
> >arrive early. There will be direction signs in the hotel lobby.

If I may ask, whose information is this, and where is that person's
information coming from?  Chris Verge, who lined up the site through
Cisco, said this:

> there will be signs at the hotel as everyone enters to direct them to
> the proper place

Having researched the hotel's meeting facilities, and having been there
for more than a few events, it's not entirely clear to me that putting
signs in the _hotel lobby_ would be very useful.  Ballrooms C & D appear
to be (per the hotel Web site[1]) not at the Westin at all, but rather
at the nearby Santa Clara Convention Center.  Attendees are likely to
park in the parking structure on the south edge of the hotel, right
across an alley from the convention centre (or in the adjoining
street-level lots):  For them to walk to the hotel lobby would be to go
_away_ from the ballrooms, as far as I can tell from online.

I'll be visiting the site in person to check.  Meanwhile, Chris seems so
far the person closest to canonical information.