[web-team] Want to Join!

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Mon Mar 15 15:41:40 PST 2004

>From: Mark Trammell <raymarc001 at yahoo.com>
>Hello,
>I found your website after looking for Linux user groups. I would like to join the SVLUG users group. I plan to attend the Install fest your having on March 20th at Accent Technologies in San Jose 11-4:00 PM.

Well, that sounds like an enthusiastic introduction.  Nice to meet you Mark.

Yes, the next Installfest is this Saturday.  You're welcome to attend.

>Please include my email address here and at markt at cruzio.com. I have a Suse 8.2 boxed version installed on my Toshiba Satellite 1415-S115 laptop (dual booting for now w/XP Pro). I'm mainly a Windows user hoping to make the transition to Linux. I'll see you on Saturday!

You have a choice of mail lists to subscribe to.  They're self-service
subscriptions so take a look at the list of which ones you're interested
in at http://lists.svlug.org/lists/listinfo/ - you can subscribe via your
web browser.

Minimally, you'll want to be on either the "svlug" discussion list or the
svlug-announce list, which is lower-traffic and carries only announcements.

Once you subscribe to one of SVLUG's mail lists and/or attend a meeting,
you may consider yourself a member.  There are no dues.  Welcome to SVLUG!

   Ian Kluft
   volunteering to assist the SVLUG Web Team