[web-team] Hi, folks. May I help the Web team (again)?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jul 28 17:45:34 PDT 2004

Quoting Ian Kluft (ikluft at thunder.sbay.org):

> Marc owns the machine.  Ask him.

That's a decent idea, but I have a better one:   The Web pages say "To
join the Web Team, contact webmaster at svlug.org or talk to the
appropriate coordinator for the kind of work you prefer to do."  (So,
I'm doing so in this message, but sending the mail directly to the Web
team, just in case the webmaster@ alias is out of whack.)

Kindly webmasters:  I'd be glad to re-join the Web team, to resume any
and all general maintenance needed on SVLUG's Web pages.  I'm familiar
with the site design and use of SSIs and RCS -- and working with
the content and design coordinators, as appropriate.

I would expect my work initially to be just on content, and just on
strict maintenance -- adding new listing, fixing links, catching
technical errors, etc.  I'd be glad to help out with other things as
they're needed.

I've sent in separately a subscription request to the web-team mailing
list, FYI.

Ian tells me that none of the other Web team members have time to help
at the moment.  Is that true?  May I do part of something, to let some
of you have enough breathing room to participate?

Thanks!