[web-team] receiving SVLUG mail again

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Tue Jul 20 08:27:54 PDT 2004

I stopped receiving mail from SVLUG on the 14th.  Looking through the
archive for what I missed, that seems to correspond with the machine
getting moved.

I found the problem.  Since I reject mail at home from hosts which don't
have a reverse IP address, I had added an /etc/hosts entry for
svlug.svlug.org.  When the machine moved, it was treated like a spammer
and rejected all the mail since it came from the wrong address for the
host.  So I never even saw the mail that the machine was moved.