[web-team] TechVenue.com: Event Modified: Silicon Valley Linux User
Group (SVLUG) | Date/Time: Wednesday,
January 7 2004 | Category: User Groups & SIGS
David at TechVenue.com
David at TechVenue.com
Fri Jan 23 08:10:18 PST 2004
TechVenue.com Event Notification
Wednesday, January 7 2004
Modified by TechVenue
Comments: As in my earlier email, please update your 1st Wednesday posting as needed. Thank you!
Calendar Name: USValley
Scheduled for: Wednesday, January 7 2004
Event text: Silicon Valley Linux User Group (SVLUG)
Category: User Groups & SIGS
Details: Silicon Valley Linux User Group (SVLUG)
Meetings are either technical presentations, product
or general question and answer meetings. The Saturday
your chance to bring in your computer and install the
basic system or
work on more advanced features. All meetings are free
and open to the
public. Sign up for one of our mail lists to learn about
and discuss Linux with local enthusiasts.
The Silicon Valley Linux User Group (SVLUG) is the
oldest and one of
the largest Linux user groups in the world. It's a group
hobbyists, professionals and enthusiasts in the vicinity
of San Jose,
California, which is also internationally known as
Silicon Valley. Our
members share interests in Linux and free or low-cost
of Unix, as well as other open sourceTM software. The
originally formed in 1988 as the PC-Unix Special
Interest Group of the
Silicon Valley Computer Society. SVLUG celebrated its
at the March 4, 1998 meeting, where Linus Torvalds
audience of 500 people.
This event repeats on the first Wednesday every month forever.
A link to the 'USValley' calendar:
Add this event to your calendar:
Thank you for using TechVenue.com to help yourself track and attend business technology events. Please tell a friend about us! Highlighted Features in TechVenue.com's Calendaring Systems:
* Anyone can sign up to automatically receive email reminders 1 day before event/events occur.
* Use the Internet "vCal" or "iCalendar" standards (Ex. For Outlook, PDA's, Wireless) for downloading calendar events.
* Printer Friendly Views: For easier printing, you can now display any view of any calendar without links, menus, and navigation controls. You can optionally hide headers and footers, as well as choose the amount of color to display. See "Options" at the bottom of any calendar.
* New Options menu combines Searching, Filtering, etc. See "Options" at the bottom of any calendar.
Hello Again! I wanted to thank you again for using TechVenue.com to post and promote your event(s) - and at the same time, supporting the technology region(s) you serve with your event(s)...
EVENT POSTING REMINDERS = ACCURATE EVENT INFO:
When you post events, you will receive an email reminder of your event posting 2 weeks before the actual event to remind you if you need to make any changes to your posting. Once a month, you will also receive a reminder to post any upcoming events for your organization...
Need to UPDATE, POSTPONE or CANCEL your event posting? Just use the form again. Your latest posting will overwrite your previous one.
Alternatively, simply cut-and-paste the event detail as it is now, edit it, and email your updated event posting to: Events at TechVenue.com
Tips For Maximum Exposure:
1) Post future events EARLY and reach thousands in the business technology community you would not reach otherwise.
2) Post future events as "Save The Date" items, even if you do not have all the details ready, building your mailing list along the way.
3) Consider promoting your event more effectively using:
a) Event Highlighting - Use different text colors, backgrounds to attract more eyeballs
b) Sponsorships - Website and email updates exposure for your event and/or organization (Ask about our Media and Services Kit)
c) Ads - Broadcast your event/organization info weekly to an open audience that wants to hear about you.
Here's to higher quantities and higher quality attendees at your events!
David Flint & The TechVenue.com Eventmasters
http://TechVenue.com - Your Regional Business Technology Events Calendar David at TechVenue.com
USA TOLL FREE Phone/Fax: (866) 391-7764
PLEASE VISIT SOME OF OUR SPONSORS:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the web-team