[web-team] SVLUG Member Project: Nmap Security Scanner

Fyodor fyodor at insecure.org
Fri Aug 27 18:58:25 PDT 2004

Hi there,

I was just visiting svlug.org to learn who would be Wednesday's
speaker when I found your member's software page
(http://www.svlug.org/sw/).  If you wouldn't mind, I would certainly
appreciate a link to my Nmap Security Scanner.  Here is a brief
description in HTML:

The <a href="http://www.insecure.org/nmap/">Nmap Security Scanner</a>,
written by SVLUG member and Mountain View resident
source utility for network exploration or security auditing.  It
supports ping scanning (determine which hosts are up), many port
scanning techniques (determine what services the hosts are offering),
(determine what application/service is running on a
port), and <a href="http://www.insecure.org/nmap/nmap-fingerprinting-article.html">
TCP/IP fingerprinting</a> (remote host OS or device
identification). It also offers flexible target and port
specification, decoy/stealth scanning, SunRPC scanning, and more.  It
was released Linux-only in 1997, but most Unix variants and Windows
platforms are now supported in both GUI and command line modes.  Nmap
was awarded "Information Security Product of the Year" by Linux
Journal, Info World, and Codetalker Digest.  The latest Nmap news can
be found at <a href="http://www.insecure.org/">Insecure.Org</a>

Thanks!
Fyodor