[web-team] Re: Web update request: speaker coordinator

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 20 12:12:37 PDT 2004

Quoting Bill Kendrick (nbs at sonic.net):

> I do not have an issue with you being on the SVLUG speakers list.

OK.  I was actually asking your preference, though, not whether you objected.
I'm saying I'll (gladly) do whatever makes life easiest for other
volunteers.

> I thought the only issue was with your subscription to the sbay.org
> speakers list, but perhaps I've not been paying attention...?

Well, basically I'm kind of trying to bend over backwards to accomodate other
people's wishes -- including on various other mailing lists.  In
particular, Ian's on speakers at lists.svlug.org; if the consensus is that
things will be better if I'm not also there, I'm fine with that.  He's a
valuable volunteer.  I'm glad to take extraordinary steps to raise his
comfort level.

(About the SBAY list, just in case the point somehow got lost:  I've
never sought, inquired about, or lobbied for membership, there.  The
recent ruckus was not initiated by me in any way.)

> I think at least one web team member (in this case, you, since you're the
> only one) should be on the speakers list, as a liason to the speaker
> coordinators.

OK, will do.

> I also feel SVLUG should also participate in, and take advantage of, the
> multi-UG speakers list (speakers at sbay), and am remaining on that list,
> as a member of both SVLUG _and_ LUGOD.

Thank you.