[web-team] Re: Web update request: speaker coordinator

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Aug 20 11:20:28 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 11:12:17AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Bill, would you prefer that I not subscribe to the SVLUG speakers
> mailing list?  I hope that doesn't sound like a silly or flippant
> question; it's neither.  When I said "If there's something that I can
> do, or not do, to make the other guy happier, please let me know", I was
> perfectly serious.

I do not have an issue with you being on the SVLUG speakers list.

<snip>
> So, if under present circumstances, you and others would have an easier
> time carrying out volunteer business without my being on
> speakers at lists.svlug.org , I don't mind staying off it, and certainly
> would take no offence.

I thought the only issue was with your subscription to the sbay.org speakers
list, but perhaps I've not been paying attention...?

I think the only real change lately is that there's a darker line between
speakers at svlug and speakers at sbay, and we should just get on with our tasks. :)

I think at least one web team member (in this case, you, since you're the
only one) should be on the speakers list, as a liason to the speaker
coordinators.

I also feel SVLUG should also participate in, and take advantage of, the
multi-UG speakers list (speakers at sbay), and am remaining on that list,
as a member of both SVLUG _and_ LUGOD.

Thx!

-bill!