[web-team] Re: Web update request: speaker coordinator

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 20 11:12:17 PDT 2004

Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc_news at merlins.org):

> Mmmh, don't we want to re-use our speaker(s)@svlug.org address like we used
> to have?
> That way, Bill is not the only perosn to receive posts, and others are
> welcome to join (Ian actually already re-subscribed to the svlug speakers
> list)

Which reminds me; I was meaning to ask Bill Kendrick:

Bill, would you prefer that I not subscribe to the SVLUG speakers
mailing list?  I hope that doesn't sound like a silly or flippant
question; it's neither.  When I said "If there's something that I can
do, or not do, to make the other guy happier, please let me know", I was
perfectly serious.

Don evidently felt (during recent discussion elsewhere) that it's
important that Web Team staffers (which is currently just me) not be
unilaterally prohibited from participating on the mailing list where
SVLUG's speaker arrangements are made.  I understand his reasons -- but,
his point having been made, there's no special reason I need personally
insist on _exercising_ that right.

So, if under present circumstances, you and others would have an easier
time carrying out volunteer business without my being on
speakers at lists.svlug.org , I don't mind staying off it, and certainly
would take no offence.

Basically, I've just been trying to maintain the Web site in accordance
with the officers' policies, and otherwise minding my own business.  If
I can do that in a way that makes other volunteers' jobs easier, I'll be
glad to.