[web-team] Re: Details for September SVLUG speaker (Bernard Golden)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 17 16:32:38 PDT 2004

[Snip speakers list, because I'm not subscribed.]

Quoting William R Ward (bill at wards.net):

> Details for the next SVLUG speaker are below, or snarf them from
> PenLUG's page.  (He's doing PenLUG next week as a warmup for SVLUG)

Coolness.  Sept. meeting details are now added to the relevant SVLUG
pages.  (Made a few small fixes to punctuation, markup, and wording.)

Something I've been noticing, lately:
http://www.svlug.org/teams/web-team.shtml (instructions for Web team
members) includes:

   After each meeting, update the prevmeet.shtml page to include a
   description of the meeting, the location, the attendance, and any other
   notes that were significant about it.

Essentially, the site design intends that all details of each
just-past meeting be shoveled from meetings.shtml to prevmeet.shtml .

Unfortunately, it looks like the Web team ceased doing so after the
October 3, 2001 meeting -- ignoring the above-cited to-do -- with the
effect that the two pages are as follows:

meetings.shtml:  34 meetings,  Nov. 2001 - Sep. 2004,   3680 bytes
prevmeet.shtml:  50 meetings,  Jul. 1997 - Oct. 2001,  42221 bytes

It shouldn't be difficult to correct, and prevmeet.shtml won't be too
huge, yet.