[web-team] Re: speaker coordinator

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Aug 16 14:04:34 PDT 2004

Quoting Bill Kendrick (nbs at sonic.net):

> On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 01:50:06PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > Bill is not on the web-team and you're not on the speakers list.
> > That just doesn't sound great to me.
>
> I'd be happy to be on it.

If you send in a request to join, I'm sure one of the listadmins will
approve it.  (I'm not among the listadmins.)

> I notice Sept. 1st is listed as TBA on the website, though I've seen
> we do have a speaker. ;)

See, there's definitely a sign of a communications glitch, because I am
_not_ aware of the speaker name and topic for the September meeting.  I've
basically been awaiting the announcement on svlug-announce@ .  So, the
immediate problem is:  I need September meeting details.

(The foregoing is not a complaint.)  I'll be glad to deal with such
matters, prospectively, any way you think best.