[web-team] Re: speaker coordinator

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Mon Aug 16 13:50:06 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 10:15:53AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> FYI, I've actually never had occasion to post to
> speakers@[lists.]svlug.org or speakers.sbay.org.  (So, there's no
> politics there, and I'd like to avoid provoking issues.)

Ah, so you may just not be subscribed.

> I'm unclear on why I'd need to post mail from speakers@ , so maybe

You may not have to, but I've seen mails between the web coordinator and the
speakers coordinator in the past.

Bill is not on the web-team and you're not on the speakers list.
That just doesn't sound great to me.

> that's a non-problem?  Also, to my knowledge, reading Bill Kendrick's
> "next month's speaker" announcements to svlug-announce@ (which I read)

That's kind of new. In the past, we didn't have those and the speakers
coordinator let web-team know

> is all I need for site maintenance, so I think we're already fine,
> there.

Ok