[web-team] Re: speaker coordinator

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Aug 16 10:15:53 PDT 2004

[Snip speakers at lists.svlug.org from distribution.  Add CC to Bill.]

Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc_news at merlins.org):

> That's a good question.
> I think Ian made the SVLUG speaker coordinator the Sbay one, since the pool
> of speakers was shared by different lugs here (SVLUG/PENLUG/LUGOD/BALUG?)
> for a little while.

The Speakers' Bureau seems like a really good idea.

> speakers at svlug.org goes to speakers at sbay.org
>
> That being said, you can decide to do it for all groups, or just one, or
> two, at your discretion.
> The svlug speakers alias can be mode local again or forwarded as needed.
> My only absolute requirement is that rick be able to post and receive mail
> from the speakers alias, since he is on our web team, and he will be
> maintaining the svlug speakers page
> (I didn't see rick's mails go through, are they being held?)

FYI, I've actually never had occasion to post to
speakers@[lists.]svlug.org or speakers.sbay.org.  (So, there's no
politics there, and I'd like to avoid provoking issues.)

I'm unclear on why I'd need to post mail from speakers@ , so maybe
that's a non-problem?  Also, to my knowledge, reading Bill Kendrick's
"next month's speaker" announcements to svlug-announce@ (which I read)
is all I need for site maintenance, so I think we're already fine,
there.