[web-team] Re: speaker coordinator

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Sun Aug 15 14:40:09 PDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 02:26:42PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 02:18:55PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> >                                                         is

> > > I'm having difficulty parsing that sentence, Marc. ;)
> >
> > Is it slightly better that way? :)
>
> Shall I also assume:   s/have have/have/   ??? :)

Right. I need sleep, can you tell? :)

> And really idiotic question, am I the _sbay_ speaker coord?  Or just SVLUG?
> (I really should asked earlier, but somehow didn't think of the distinction)

That's a good question.
I think Ian made the SVLUG speaker coordinator the Sbay one, since the pool
of speakers was shared by different lugs here (SVLUG/PENLUG/LUGOD/BALUG?)
for a little while.

speakers at svlug.org goes to speakers at sbay.org

That being said, you can decide to do it for all groups, or just one, or
two, at your discretion.
The svlug speakers alias can be mode local again or forwarded as needed.
My only absolute requirement is that rick be able to post and receive mail
from the speakers alias, since he is on our web team, and he will be
maintaining the svlug speakers page
(I didn't see rick's mails go through, are they being held?)