[web-team] Updated: about, sponsors, search, E-mail lists, events, mbone, web-team, header, index

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 13 22:10:07 PDT 2004

Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc_news at merlins.org):

> Cool, thanks again for your work.

Eh, it's pleasant to see the site shaping up, again.  I've been wanting
to scratch that particular itch for years.

> >    QUERY:  Existing text says MIME for PGP signatures is OK.  Do
> >    we want to add (below that) that other MIME isn't OK?  If "yes",
> >    a link to http://expita.com/nomime.html would be useful.  That
> >    page is offline; I have it mirrored as "HTML Mail Disabling" on
> >    http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Mail/
>
> Right other mime isn't ok

OK.  Added that item.  Included link to my mirror of G.E. Boyd's
page, just in case the latter has vanished permanently.  (Trying to
visit anyting in that directory gets a "forbidden" error, which might
mean he or she is not paying that ISP any more.)

> >    QUERY:  Page says "We have only a 486...."  What is it really?
>
> Ouch. That's old :)
> It's some kind of dual PIII 1GHz 512MB 2U half rack. Absolutely 100%
> overpowered for the task, but that's all I had lying around when the old box
> died :)

OK, fixed that, too.