[web-team] SVLUG site job policy update

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Aug 11 18:11:38 PDT 2004

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti at zgp.org):

> Here's an SVLUG web to-do item
> that slipped through the cracks.
> http://www.svlug.org/policies/job-policy.shtml is
> out of date.  There's now a separate list just for
> job postings.  Can you update the job policy page
> to say...
>
> SVLUG does not allow job postings on the main "svlug"
> mailing list, but job postings are welcome on the
> jobs mailing list.  (please link to
> http://lists.svlug.org/lists/listinfo/jobs)
>
> The jobs mailing list is for job postings only,
> not for resumes, job wanted postings, or discussion.
>
> (please remove the section about "allow the officers
> to approve your posting" but leave in the part about
> the SVLUG meeting, and the links to other job hunting
> resources.)

This is now done.  I've had to make a few minor other adjustments, such
as removing this paragraph near the end of the Q&A section:

   old policy.  Officers must approve postings.  <br>&nbsp;

Also, this part of the final Q&A item, which had concerned the
justification for the submit-via-the-officers policy, and under what
conditions the policy might be changed:

   enough members asked for this service, or asked why we didn't have it.
   &mdash; from good posters who were approved late because of the total
   traffic, from bad ones who were denied, and occasionally by list
   members whose concept of 'spam' is much further beyond the norm than
   the principles our officers follow.
   stop approving jobs, and we will change the policy to say so.

With cessation of the submit-via-the-officers policy, that section is
no long applicable.

I've also slightly modified the questions in the Q&A section to clarify
that they refer to the _main_ svlug@ list.

--
Cheers,                           "This is Unix.  Stop acting so helpless."
Rick Moen                                               -- D.J. Bernstein
rick at linuxmafia.com