[web-team] Re: [LinuxPicnic] Picnix link added to SVLUG

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 3 19:25:17 PDT 2004

Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc at merlins.org):

> I'm wondering how many people svlug should have on the web team.  In
> the past, we've had issues with too many members, and at some point
> all thinking that someone else "would do it" :) That said, right now,
> we only have Rick (effectively), so having a backup for him as well as
> someone who can share the load would be welcome I'm sure.

However many you want (given that it's your host) -- Alvin Oga, Jeff Go,
Bill Ward, whoever -- I'll be glad to invite 'em over to fee 'em dinner
and show them how the site works.  Not that it's difficult to figure
out.  (Nice templating.)

> I just need to verify your key somehow, so since I haven't signed your
> PGP key if you have one, either we can meet up at the picnic, or you
> can have Ian/Rick or someone else with a PGP key I know, verify you
> and send me a signed version of your ssh key.

I've outlined in very broad terms how keysigning events work to Bill,
off-list, and might just conduct one at the next PenLUG meeting.  At
that point, Bill's GnuPG key would be on record with my signature, at
least.  (I send up the signed keychain to the public keyservers.)

(Actually, I'll try to get Bill's key signed regardless of whether
PenLUG has such an event:  It'll obviously be handy for him and for
you.)