[web-team] [web-team-owner@lists.svlug.org: web-team post from kit.kemper@pearsoned.com requires approval]

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Tue Sep 30 14:02:06 PDT 2003

Our mail lists do not accept attachments.  You'd be much better to
mention a URL where people can choose to come in order to pick up the
PDF - this allows for larger clubs with different coordinators to have
the correct person retrieve it, negates any worries about viral
potential keeping your mail from getting through, and allows you to
access your logs to see how many downloads are occurring.

A PDF format is fine but it's huge.  What's wrong with plaintext?
We have a LOT of users - paper editions don't work as well if we have
to be the ones to run them off.   Electronic ones could work, but we'd
probably prefer to encourage our users to download it themselves.  Is
that something you could go for?

Your attachment has been snipped.  Also, if it is confidential material
there's little point in giving it to our group; we have members
worldwide, and we're just here because we use Linux and have an interest
in how it's used in the Silicon Valley.  Perhaps if that's automatic you
should add some disclaimer of confidentiality ?

----- Forwarded message from web-team-owner at lists.svlug.org -----