[web-team] Invitation to SVLUG members to attend php-con West 2003, Oct 21-24, Santa Clara, CA

Monica Ortiz monica at mktgevents.com
Fri Oct 10 14:16:41 PDT 2003

I have been trying to reach Marc Merlin since late August. All my emails
this time around have, for some reason, bounced (although the address I have
is the same as on the website.) Please let me know if this email has reached
you.

I wanted to invite you and the members of the SVLUG to attend php-con West
2003 in Santa Clara, California on October 21-24. We have had a promotional
offer for an additional 10% off for php user group members

Here is how your members can take advantage of the 10% off early bird rates:

- Just click on http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=52261
- Fill in your registration and payment information
- Select "PHP User Group" when asked "Which organization offered you this
promotion?"
- Type in priority code: "svlug1" when prompted

The user group discount registration page is not public so please let your
members know that they must use the link above to get to the right page. The
early bird is extended only to midnight tonight (Friday), but the 10%
discount will be in effect until the start of the conference.

Some information about php-con West 2003:

php-con West 2003: Community. Code. Solutions.
October 21- 24, 2003
Biltmore Hotel
Santa Clara, California
http://www.php-con.com

Our entire program is filled with speakers selected as much for their
contributions to the community as for their expert knowledge of PHP. Joining
us at php-con West 2003 are:

* Keynote Speakers Zeev Suraski of Zend Technologies and Author Sterling
Hughes
* PostgreSQL Core Team member Josh Berkus
* Yahoo! PHP Guru Michael Radwin
* MySQL evangelist Zak Greant
* Apache.com's Jim Winstead
* PHP.net's James Cox
* PostNuke's Vanessa Haakenson
* Industry experts George Schlossnagle, Wez Furlong and new speakers John
Neil, Allie Micka, Frank Kromann, and Aaron Stone
* Authors Christian Wenz, John Coggeshall, Luke Welling and Laura Thomson

I'd love some help in reaching your members. I know this is awfully late
notice (assuming this email doesn't bounce as well.) We'd love to see you
there! We don't have an exhibition at this show but I can also arrange some
tabletop display space if you are interested. At the moment we are expecting
Sams Publishing, PostgreSQL, and PostNuke to be hosting information tables
at the show.

Regards,
Monica Ortiz
Marketing Manager