[web-team] Secrets of the Linux Developers Elite

John Papageorge john at mediaoverdrive.com
Mon Mar 24 08:53:26 PST 2003

Hi there,

This is John Papageorge. I write for IBM's DEVELOPERWORKS SECTION at
www.ibm.com

I would be interested in mailing out to your Linux community the fact that I
am writing a series for IBM called Secrets of the Linux Developers Elite

This series starts ASAP!

This is what I request of Linux Developers interested in participating in
this series.

Please give me a bio and background on the company. Please dig deep into
detail and I also need a sidebar of code from a recent application with a
few breakout points identifying what's going on at different places in the
code.

Below are the questions to be answered with an example profile on developer
Derrick Bell. Please give me a call when you receive this so that I know you
are cool with everything.

This will provide international publicity for the Linux Developers and their
company.

Warm Regards,

John Papageorge
415-699-6910

1) what are the tools you use as a Linux developer

2) how did you get into Linux development and what is your background.

3) what is your secret Linux weapon?

4) what should every Linux developer know

5) what should every Linux developer avoid

6) what are the challenges every Linux developer faces

7) What is your greatest success as a Linux developer

7a) Please present code from a successful Linux application.

8) What is worst failure?

9) Do you have sidebar code of a Linux app that you've created.

10) Do you have an example of a killer Linux ap and can you explain why
it's so killer?

11) What applications are you and your company working on right now.

12) What Linux applications are prevailing in the market right now? Please
list examples of successful applications that take advantage of Linux'
strengths.

13) What is your perspective on the future of Linux applications.

14) Please include some "How to" code sample of how to create or complete
some Linux development component.

Warm Regards,

John Papageorge
415-699-6910