[web-team] feedback from SVLUG website

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Tue Mar 4 13:42:48 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:30:40PM -0800, Ziyu Feng wrote:
> Hi, there
> If you help me to install Linux, can I log on the web with AOL?
> Thanks
> Zack Feng

AOL doesn't provide a Linux client for the overall service.  You would
have to use a more ordinary ISP for dialup to the internet... or some
vaguely complicated setup where a Mac or PC/Windows box was connecting
to AOL and then allowing your other machines to share the link.

However, there are numerous AOL instant messenger clients for Linux;
once you reach the open 'net they are all usable.

You're welcome to attend one of our installfests.

For more about this please join our chat list, svlug at svlug.org.  Use the
"Email Lists" button on our website.