[web-team] MS Windoze Refunds?

Allan Bonadio allan at tactileint.com
Fri Jun 20 23:00:35 PDT 2003

This may seem like a dumb question - but is Microsoft giving refunds
for people who buy PC's and don't use Windoze?  (like me obviously)

I've been scouring the web, and the latest update was from 1999 - you
guys had that Refund Day demonstration that was ultimately
unsuccessful.  I also heard of one guy in Australia who actually got
a refund, but that's it.

So I figure, the answer must be obvious - so obvious that nobody's
bothered to write it down for the clueless like me.  Either MS gives
refunds - everybody knows that! it's easy!    ...or, MS never gives
refunds!  Everybody knows that!  Don't even think about it!

If you came right out and said it, explicitly, on your page about
Windows Refund Day, just one sentence, that would be cool!

Thanks!

(Feb 26)    It is expected that coverage of the forthcoming
Iraqi campaign will be identical with the coverage used during
Desert Storm. Shots of GIs must show a mixed racial combination
- any interviews must reflect the youthful and idealistic, not
the cynical point of view - the liberation of happy,
enthusiastic Iraqis can be best shown by filming crowds of
cheering citizens waving American flags. Also indicated would be
pictures of photogenic GIs fraternizing with Iraqi children and
handing them food or other non-controversial presents - of
course, pictures of dead US military personnel are not to be
shown and pictures of dead Iraqi soldiers should not show
examples of violent death - also indicated would be brief
interviews with English-speaking Iraqi citizens praising
American liberation efforts - all such interviews must be vetted
by either the White House or Pentagon before public airing.

- from internal memos recently leaked from big-media company