[web-team] Caldera still listed as sponsor on SVLUG web

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Mon Jun 9 20:57:43 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 05:34:24PM -0700, Ian Kluft wrote:
> A non-officer's opinion - I think that if anyone provides significant
> and/or ongoing help for SVLUG, they should be given credit unless they
> specifically ask us not to.  So for hosting the server, Google has earned
> credit for their help.

I think for some strange reason some PR person preferred not too when I
asked.
No idea why, and honestly, I don't really care :)

> Along the same lines though, VA should continue to be credited for the
> years of help they gave SVLUG, even though none of us knows anyone there
> any more (or so it seems.)

There is no one left there, outside of San Mehat (who you may not know)
The sponsorship more or less died with VA Linux. The machine was only left
there because they didn't want to piss me off :)
The day I was gone was the day they asked me when I was going to take the
server away.

Incidently, the person who made that decision was resigned recently.

> It should take an explicit decision "for cause" for a sponsor to get
> de-listed.  SCO was an obvious example.

Sure.