[web-team] Caldera still listed as sponsor on SVLUG web

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Mon Jun 9 17:34:24 PDT 2003

>From: Marc MERLIN <marc_news at merlins.org>
>On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 04:08:30AM -0700, Ian Kluft wrote:
>> I guess Steve and Joyce are busy right now.  (Duh.)  So if no one objects,
>> I'd like to remove Caldera from the list of sponsors on sponsors.shtml.
>> It looks like it was already dropped from the rotating list of images in
>> images/sponsor_imgs/*
>
>Sounds good.
>
>On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:34:09AM -0700, Heather Stern wrote:
>> Thanks, Ian! And while we're at it, are there any notable sponsors we
>> should add?  VA's not the system-host nowadays, Marc's current employer
>> is - for instance.
>
>Sure, although they're not doing it for publicity.
>It doesn't matter either way :)

A non-officer's opinion - I think that if anyone provides significant
and/or ongoing help for SVLUG, they should be given credit unless they
specifically ask us not to.  So for hosting the server, Google has earned
credit for their help.

Along the same lines though, VA should continue to be credited for the
years of help they gave SVLUG, even though none of us knows anyone there
any more (or so it seems.)  It should take an explicit decision "for cause"
for a sponsor to get de-listed.  SCO was an obvious example.