[web-team] [Speakers] IBM researcher "Sysadmins Are Users Too!"

Paul Cubbage pcubbage at opencountry.com
Tue Jun 3 21:33:15 PDT 2003

Marc,
I have agreement from the IBM guy to speak August or September (or
later).  He has to come from Dallas and will bring some other people also.

Check out his talk at
"http://hci.stanford.edu/cs547/abstracts/02-03/030530-barrett.html"
******************************
His email to me

Hi Paul,
I currently telecommute from Dallas so am only sporadically in the Bay
Area.  I've been communicating the idea of coming to svlug to my group
and there is quite a bit of enthusiasm for it.  So the only question
seems to be who and when.  Since the two dates you proposed are fairly
far out there, it looks like we could sign up for one and work out the
details later.

I don't have a preference between Aug 6 and Sep 3.  What time of day is
it?  And where does it meet?  I'll copy the other potential speakers
from my group because they would probably be interested in attending as
well, even though it looks like either day would work for me.

thanks for helping us make the connection,
Rob Barrett
They do CHI (Computer Human Interaction) research and are doing sysadmin
research for IBM Global Services.

How do I get him scheduled?
--
Paul Cubbage
408-472-1112

"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than
cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." H.L. Mencken