[web-team] Re: [Speakers] Re: [svlug] What are the upcoming meeting topics, dates & speakers?

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Thu Jul 17 17:05:30 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 12:53:44PM -0700, Aniruddha Mulay wrote:
> I do agree with your point.
> We still have 2 weeks to the next meeting and

True but if we have the speaker info, it's silly not to get the info on the
site. We've gotten a lot of flak in the past for posting info too late.

> marc>> Err, guys, the web site needs to be kept up to date with
> marc>> speaker info.
> marc>>
> marc>> It's as simple as Emailing web-team at svlug.org
> marc>>
> marc>> If nothing happens then, you should complain to
> marc>> officers at svlug.org
> marc>>
> marc>> In other words, confirmed speakers should all be listed on
> marc>> our web site
>
> Q. Should we be posting details for _ALL_ the future meetings ?
>    May be, 3 months in advance is good enough.

If you have the info, we can post it, but then again, 3 months is fine too.
My point though is that if you have 5 months worth with all the info we
need, it's less work on the web team to update all 5 at once vs doing 5
updates for 1 month.

> hereon> OK, so it's been 24 hrs.  Would someone who is involved in
> hereon> speaker scheduling please RTFM  (Realitize The Formula of
> hereon> Merlin)?
>
> Q. where does the __24 hrs__ deadline come from ?

Not mine, he was just being a bit impatient.