[web-team] Re: [Officers] Job corner??

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Jul 24 22:32:05 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 15:10, William R Ward wrote:

> OK, here's an idea... each person can submit a sheet of paper
> describing what it is they are offering/seeking, with a size
> limitation (subject to further editing if needed).  Instead of handing
> them the mike, have the MC or someone from the club read these out
> loud.

Works for me.  I've never refused an announcement for a member, and I'd
be willing to read out job announcements.  I think the announcement
should have to come from an SVLUG member though, and be somehow
Linux-related. No fair for someone from Arkansas who has never been to a
meeting to send me mail asking me to read out 50 Solaris positions.

> OK, then how about designating one of the tables that line the walls
> as a resume repository.  Tell people to bring copies of their resume
> and leave them there, and recruiters to bring printouts of their job
> listings, and people can pick them up as desired.

If Linux Journal can do it, job seekers and hunters should be able to do
it.  Everyone should clean up his or her own extras, and one of the
officers can check the table afterwards (as we usually end up picking up
beverage containers anyway.)

--
Don Marti
dmarti at zgp.org                       Help spread accurate information