[web-team] TechVenue.com Event Reminder

Marc MERLIN marc_news at vasoftware.com
Tue Feb 5 08:54:02 PST 2002

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 08:13:32AM -0600, David Flint wrote:
> Marc,
>
> Sure. We removed your emails from the monthly reminder of your event and
> from the TECR update. As you already know, this was in place to ensure the
> accuracy of your postings, not to spam you. :-)

I figured, that's why I Emailed you instead of blocking your site :-)

> "I don't think any of us asked you..." - someone did post this event via our
> posting form a while ago, possibly without your prior knowledge.  Event

That's possible. I would hope they'd have told the others, but oh well.

> coordinators such as yourselves automatically get subscribed - again, to
> ensure accuracy as we reach thousands of technology workers and
> professionals in your region.

I appreciate this, but I don't like someone else doing this, putting my
Email in there, and not telling me. Granted, this is not your fault.
If there is any way to know who added us, that'd be useful, and the person
in question could receive the said Emails :-)
(I receive 1000-1500 Emails a week, so I'm trying to cut down)

> If you ever need to change the details or add a new posting, feel free to
> use the posting form at TechVenue.com.

I do appreciate that you are listing us however.

Thanks,