[web-team] feedback from SVLUG website- request

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Fri Apr 19 18:39:35 PDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 03:17:11PM -0700, alesso wrote:
> User Group
>
> Hello User Group Administrator,

We're the webmasters, not the group admins.   Though some of us are officers
too.

> I am the author of a new book, "The Intelligent Wireless Web". It
> presents a coherent picture of the Next Generation Web by weaving
> together - 3G wireless devices, speech recognition, artificial
> intelligence and Web Services.
>
> I hope you will look at the description of the book below and write a
> News item using our abbreviated "Press Release."

We are not a press organization.  All of our articles are contributed by
members about member events... all of our "news items" are retrieved by
a script called WebFetch, from more "ordinary" nerd news sites like slashdot.

> I hope you will look at our informative Web site at URL
> http://www.web-iq.com. We have placed a URL Link to your group on
> our site [see "wireless devices" page on main menu].

Thank you.

If you are interested in sending a speaker to a future meeting you should
contact our speaker coordinator, Steve Traugott.  For more details on what
he expects, see http://www.svlug.org/call4speakers.html

> Thank you for your time and consideration.
> Best regards,
>
> H. Peter Alesso

Thank you, Peter.  There are also other groups in the area, at which you
might speak if so inclined.  Some of them share members with SVLUG, others
do not.