[web-team] Re: FAQ

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Wed Sep 12 11:24:03 PDT 2001

> On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 08:11:01PM -0700, Compunuts wrote:
> > SVLUG list FAQ is in its early development stage. The FAQ can be view by
> > visiting http://www.visionglory.com/misc/listfaq.html . It's developing in
>
> Looks promising.
> It probably  needs some merging with  Heather's page (thanks heather,  I was
> just able  to get the page  today, before when  I clicked on the  Email list
> item in the sidebar, it kept going to mailman)
>
> Heather, I'd add a few things to your page (along with what Winston has)
> - Do not send HTML to the list or other kinds of attachments

Was already there.  Improved visibility.

> - remove "* All job postings must be pre-approved by the SVLUG officers"

Oops.  tweaked to point at job policies.

> - keep arguments off list (arguments != criticism)

"flames" item split, made more clear, used the above snippet.

> - whatever excerpts from
>   http://lists.svlug.net/archives//svlug/2001-August/010557.html
>   you feel would be useful
>   (I'd have a few words about the possible consequences of breack of list
>   rules)

Method of enforcement I deliberately left off so far, since I'm hoping that
posting netiquette (and the announce that such exists) would encourage people
to read the netiquettes and self-impose them a bit.

I see that I should probably post a note to the svlug@ list mentioning its
existence, so folks who are only members by list-membership are clued into
it too.

> Thanks,
> Marc

Yep, you too.  Hope you guys have put out the coals on that last one,
smoldering causes *real* wildfires.