[web-team] secondary DNS

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Sun Sep 2 00:00:02 PDT 2001

>From: Marc MERLIN <marc_news at valinux.com>
>On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 07:41:26PM -0700, Ian Kluft wrote:
>> I wanted to show some appreciation for SVLUG's and Marc's effort to clean up
>> some of the flames from its mail list.  I've decided I'm willing to start
>> doing more as a volunteer for SVLUG again.
>
>Thanks, much appreciated. I'd be happy to  add you back to the officers list
>if you wish (you don't get stock options,  but you get to make your title if
>you wish ;-D)

Thanks for the offer but I'll politely decline to be an officer.
Though I heard SVLUG stock options are worth more than most of
last year's hot companies.  :-)

>> I see that SVLUG is still crediting thunder.net for secondary DNS even
>> though it's been a year and a half since I withdrew that service.  So
>
>A lot of our web pages haven't been put up to date in a while :-)

I can help with some things where time permits.  Something I've done for
sbay.org and WVARA over the past couple years was write Perl code to keep
the date of the next meeting always up to date.  I could adapt that for
SVLUG as well.  It's been nice to know if we keep talking past midnight
after a meeting that the web site is already up-to-date for the next
meeting.  I'm sure your Web Team will appreciate that.

>We used to have thor.sbay.org as a secondary until 2 weeks ago when Dave
>told us that he didn't have the resources to be secondary anymore.

Hmmmm...  I wasn't aware of that.  I'll have to check with Dave to find out
what's up.  It's probably related to his recent move to a new residence
since he was running that on his DSL line.  His ISP might have cut off
all servers after Code Red.

>> I guess we can start by reinstating that if you want.  My nameserver is
>> nimbus.thunder.net (209.142.3.6).  It's located at InReach Internet
>> in Stockton.
>
>I'll make the change when I get back to VA, thanks.

OK, I'll configure it for secondary DNS of svlug.org tonight.