[web-team] feedback from SVLUG website

Compunuts compunuts at telocity.com
Mon Oct 29 07:22:02 PST 2001

Hi,

We, webmasters at SVLUG, do not answer tech support questions. We have a
mailing list that you can subscribe to and many people on the list will be
very happy to answer your question ( or more questions you may have ).
Please check it out and you can subscribe at
http://lists.svlug.org/lists/listinfo/svlug .

Regards,

Winston

At 01:57 PM 10/29/2001 +0100, Tunde Itayemi wrote:
>Dear webmaster,
>
>This is not actually a feedback.
>
>I am writing all the way from Nigeria. I am a would-be administrator. I
>have a telnet box (on win2000) up to a linux system
>with kde installed. Is it actually possible for me to launch the kde on
>the linux system and see the GUI in the windows
>telnet box or am I misunderstanding this "DISPLAY" and X windows system
>client-server setup business?
>
>I have tried setting DISPLAY to `hostname`':0.0' and so on but it usually
>gives the error
>_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
>_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
>_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
>_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
>_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
>_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
>
>or something similar.
>Please help out.
>
>Yours-in-computing,
>Tunde Itayemi.

Linux is not an operating system but it's a way of life.