[web-team] feedback from SVLUG website

Tunde Itayemi aitayemi at taralos.metrong.com
Mon Oct 29 03:58:01 PST 2001

Dear webmaster,

This is not actually a feedback.

I am writing all the way from Nigeria. I am a would-be administrator. I have a telnet box (on win2000) up to a linux system
with kde installed. Is it actually possible for me to launch the kde on the linux system and see the GUI in the windows
telnet box or am I misunderstanding this "DISPLAY" and X windows system client-server setup business?

I have tried setting DISPLAY to `hostname`':0.0' and so on but it usually gives the error
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

or something similar.
Please help out.

Yours-in-computing,
Tunde Itayemi.