[web-team] About your jobs page:feedback from SVLUG website

Kate Canty kate at searchtechinc.com
Fri Oct 12 15:02:01 PDT 2001

Hi-
My agency is handling the following positions which require
development experience in Linux environment. I would have
liked to have posted them on your jobs page, but it's been
stolen by the evil frogmen...
My client has a real sense of urgency on these jobs.
I hope you can help me get the word out about these positions.
Is there anything I need to do to make that happen?
I'm including my contact info - I can be reached on email
or by phone to discuss these opportunities.
Thanks for any assistance.
Kate Canty
Sr Acct Manager
SearchTech, Inc
408-379-9824 x237
408-379-4276 fax
408-807-7156 cell

**Senior Software Engineer, Content Networking
At least 7-10 years of leadership architecting and building infrastructure
software products
Strong systems-building expertise in TCP/IP networking, web caching, and
content networking
Strong knowledge and experience in protocol design, implementation, and
standardization
Deep understanding of TCP/IP internetworking protocols and technologies:
network routing (BGP, OSPF), name resolution (DNS), host proximity analysis,
network performance measurement, content-aware switching and load balancing,
web caching (HTTP, WCCP, ICP, ICAP)
Strong skills in C and C++ development on Linux and Solaris
Excellent written and oral communication skills
BS CS/EE required, MS CS/EE preferred

** Senior Software Engineer, Streaming
At least 5 years of experience building infrastructure software products
Strong experience in building high-performance streaming servers
Good familiarity with Windows Media, Real, and QuickTime streaming servers
Deep understanding of multimedia encoding, networking and adaptation issues
and techniques
Experience in systems (kernel, network) programming
In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, HTTP, RTSP, RTP/RTCP, SDP, MMS
Strong skills in C and C++ development on Linux and Solaris
Excellent written and oral communication skills
BS CS/EE required, MS CS/EE preferred

** Software Engineer, Networking
At least 5 years of experience building infrastructure software products
Good systems-building expertise in TCP/IP networking, web caching, and
content networking
Solid understanding of TCP/IP internetworking protocols, WCCP, L4/7
switching, SNMP, DNS, network performance and monitoring, web caching (HTTP,
WCCP, ICP, ICAP)
Strong skills in C and C++ development on Linux and Solaris
Excellent written and oral communication skills
BS CS/EE required, MS CS/EE preferred

**Software Engineer, Graphical User Interface
At least 3 years of strong experience building web-based GUIs for software
products such as management consoles and client applications
Good familiarity with object-oriented design and development
Excellent skills in application/plug-in development on Windows platforms
Good familiarity with development on Linux and Solaris platforms
Good understanding of TCP/IP protocols, network programming, Web
technologies (HTTP, HTML, Javascript, web servers, content management
tools), and Web backend infrastructure (application servers, databases)