[web-team] SVCS.ORG

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed Oct 10 01:26:01 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 12:43:41AM -0700, Fred Townsend wrote:
> Primary Server Hostname: ns1.hosting.pacbell.net
> Primary Server Address:
> Secondary Server Hostname: ns2.hosting.pacbell.net
> Secondary Server Address:
> Mail server
> POP3 server: pop3.svcs.org
> SMTP server: smtp.svcs.org
> Administrator
> E-mail Address: sysop at svcs.org
> aka Fred Townsend
> fred at poasana.com
> Did I miss anything?

Ok, I think I  understand what you need/want, we don't have  to host DNS for
you,  we simply  need to  point the  svcs.org and  .net zones  to PB's  name

I've just done that for you:
merlin at poltron:~/video$ whois svcs.org

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Domain Name: SVCS.ORG
   Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net
   Referral URL: http://www.opensrs.org
   Name Server: NS2.VALINUX.COM
   Name Server: NS1.VALINUX.COM
   Updated Date: 26-jan-2001

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 05:49:14 EDT <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and

Found InterNIC referral to whois.opensrs.net.

 Silicon Valley Linux Users Group
 47071 Bayside Parkway
 Fremont, CA 94538-651

 Domain Name: SVCS.ORG
 Administrative Contact:
    Merlin, Marc  marc_nic at merlins.org
    47071 Bayside Parkway
    Fremont, CA 94538-651
    510 687-7000

 Technical Contact:
    Contact, DNS Technical  dns-tech at valinux.com
    47071 Bayside Parkway
    Fremont, CA 94538

 Billing Contact:
    Contact, DNS Billing  dns-billing at valinux.com
    47071 Bayside Parkway
    Fremont, CA 94538-651
    510 687-7000

 Record last updated on 10-Oct-2001.
 Record expires on 20-Apr-2002.
 Record Created on 20-Apr-1999.

 Domain servers in listed order:

It should take a day or two to be synced up to the root name servers.

Note that from now on, PacBell is responsible of any issues with your DNS :-)