[web-team] SVCS.ORG

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Wed Oct 10 00:19:01 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 12:11:00AM -0700, Fred Townsend wrote:

> Marc MERLIN wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 11:42:46PM -0700, Fred Townsend wrote:
> > > SVCS is  finally getting their web  site back together.  We  would like to
> > > get svcs.org pointing to the new  site. pac bell prefers name registration
> > > with  internic. How do  we go  about  doing that?   We would  be happy  to
> > > reimburse any registration  fees that you have paid in  preserving the URL
> > > for us.
> >
> > Err, of all things, you *really* don't want to have any domain with
> > network solutions (which you call internic, but they're distinct).
> > Network solutions, apart from costing more, will give you the worst service
> > possible, if they do not screw up your domain for two months (like they did
> > for us):
> > http://lists.svlug.org/pipermail/svlug/2001-January/006479.html
> >
> > We can at your option
> > 1) Keep the zone where it is hosted and point records to the hosts of your
> >    choice
>
> Yes, Please
>

> > 2) Change the technical/owner contact on the zone, so that you can directly
> >    admin the zone with opensrs (easy to do, works through a web site)
>
> Yes Please too.

So you'd  like us  to point  www.svcs.net to an  IP of  your choice  (if so,
please let us know what it is, as well as which mail server is supposed to
handle SVCS mail if it isn't us), and later transfer the the domain so that you
can serve the zone yourself, right?
(part two is obviously optional, but you're welcome to do it)