[web-team] feedback from SVLUG website

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Wed Mar 28 13:14:02 PST 2001

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 10:29:45AM -0800, Heather wrote:
> > We don't post job openings on our website.  If your people come to a
> > meeting, then in the time after the meeting we have a designated corner
> > where job seekers and employers can meet each other and chat.
>
> 2 or 3 in the last week, and another one on officers right now.
>
> We really need to have that jobs policy page up again, we're all wasting our
> time answering the same question again and again.
>
> Marc

Better, I'll add a "Jobs" button in the navbar, that points directly to
revamped version of the jobs policy, as a flat item.  That way it can
point to a few generic resources and they will feel like SVLUG helped
them instead of blew them off.  I hope.

It won't get rid of the mail tho, there will always be some dip who
doesn't read the big bold

	WE DO NOT POST JOB LISTINGS ON THIS SITE

... mainly because it has paragraphs below it so we must be posting
*something* right?  (groan)

... and will send us his job blabbo and ask if we'd post it for him.
devnull's the right place for such people but one of us will probably
deal with them anyway.

Someone is welcome to beep me at about 8 pm Friday eve if it isn't up
by then.  I'll cram it into this LG work somewhere.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.  -- Superchicken