[web-team] Can't log on to svlug.org

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Thu Jun 14 00:11:30 PDT 2001

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 08:27:14PM -0700, Heather wrote:
> > >

> > > I thought Marc had changed all the password and I'm not being able to log
> > > on.. Is anybody else have this problem?? Thanks.
>
> I can't get it myself either, I lost the temporary root password that I set
> (3 days of 16H in a row before that).
> The box  has to be  reloaded, so I  thought it'd be  better to set  your new
> passwords on  the new  machine, I  can't be 100%  sure that  the old  one is
> clean.
> If there is something that needs to be changed right away, let me know, I'll
> take care of it.
>
> If we can't get a new server up quickly enough, I'll fix the old one and
> re-open our accounts on that one.
>
> Marc

One BBC and that little root thingy should be fixed right up.  I think it's
worth a few minutes downtime.  Esp since we should grab a current tarball of
the site if we're going to do a fresh setup.

I can give you a temporary hash to use there (or on the new one) if you're
afraid of someone getting the new passwd too.  I think it's bad for the
kiddies to have better access than we do :)

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078