[web-team] First web pass. No, it's not ready...

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Fri Jul 6 15:39:27 PDT 2001

>From: Marc MERLIN <marc_news at valinux.com>
>On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 01:46:16PM -0700, Heather wrote:
>> Sorry, I don't buy it's such a problem that it's been down if you only just
>> complained to me this last week.  Esp. since I haven't seen it crop up from
>
>Because this whole situation in the first place is utter bullshit.
>Sam is a domain squatter, end of story.

Marc -

I'm quite sure that as long as someone from VA Linux is running SVLUG,
Sam will have no incentive to hand it over.  The rivalry between your
two companies (even though VA is now leaving the h/w business) has been
so deeply bitter for so long that it alone explains the situation.

I suggest giving up.  This is out of your control.  Undoubtedly it won't be
fixed by anyone during your term, as it couldn't be during Chris' either.
Maybe your successor, whoever and whenever that might be, can give it a try
again later.

It's unfortunate.  But politics happens.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ   PP-ASEL                              sbay.org coordinator
ikluft(at)thunder.sbay.org   http://www.kluft.com/~ikluft/      San Jose, CA