[web-team] First web pass. No, it's not ready...

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Fri Jul 6 15:40:11 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 01:46:16PM -0700, Heather wrote:
> Sorry, I don't buy it's such a problem that it's been down if you only just
> complained to me this last week.  Esp. since I haven't seen it crop up from

Because this whole situation in the first place is utter bullshit.
Sam is a domain squatter, end of story.

It's not my job to watch his web site and his broken name servers.

You also  seem to  forget that  the only  reason I  even mentionned  this is
because I asked you if you could remove Penguin from the list of sponsors.
The current situation with svlug.com is ridiculous enough that we don't need
to thank them in addition for being domain squatters.
(Disclaimer: for those  who wouldn't know, Penguin isn't a  competitor of VA
anymore since VA stopped selling hardware, just in case some would think I'd
be mixing work and SVLUG)

If  somehow you  can convince  Sam to  hand out  the domain  to whoever  (us
preferably, but someone  who will actually serve the domain  and point it to
our web  server would do),  that'd be awesome, but  it wasn't what  my first
mail was about.

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:59:40PM -0700, Heather wrote:
> Okay. I am in the process of fixing my own internic record (I use it so
> rarely, it now points at an address I don't have :< ) ... but it seems
> like a good idea, we should take on all 3.

I recommend you switch to opensrs and ditch netsol altogether.
http://www.opensrs.net/
We use them for the svlug domains and many others, and they are great.