[web-team] First web pass. No, it's not ready...

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Fri Jul 6 14:59:40 PDT 2001

> >From: Heather <star at betelgeuse.starshine.org>
> >Thanks Ian.  Yes, we should take it on, and re-fill it with useful content
> >on the topic.  I think I know an active installfester who'd enjoy handling
> >it... to which end, I'll make sure to visit the installfest this month.
> >
> >Marc, would you like to arrange for our friendly OpenSRS vendor to help
> >us re-establish the [installfest.org] domain?
>
> BTW, I have installfest.com and installfest.org.  (I picked up the .com when
> a guy in Canada let it expire last year, to at least keep it away from
> non-Open Source squatters.)  I'm willing to hand them over as a package to
> any Open Source installfest-related usage, along with admin access to the
> related SourceForge project I created for it.
>
> Someone else had installfest.net - I just checked and see they let it
> expire completely.  No squatters have taken it (yet).

Okay. I am in the process of fixing my own internic record (I use it so
rarely, it now points at an address I don't have :< ) ... but it seems
like a good idea, we should take on all 3.

For installfest.net we should offer subhost entries which are A-record
and MX record only to point at the sites of various installfest related
efforts.  In other words anytime somebody begs us for one of the sites,
assuming they really are involved in installfesting, they should just
get a spot as <applicable name>.installfest.net.  They get to maintain
their own stuff though.

And yes, I expect sometimes this means they will end up broken or down
sometimes and some dope will think that was us.  Life's tough.

(I am NSI/internic ID:  HS439 by the way.)

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078