[web-team] First web pass. No, it's not ready...

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Fri Jul 6 14:44:43 PDT 2001

> On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 04:15:56AM -0700, Heather wrote:
> > Actually, it appears the NIC record has expired;  however, please let me
> > handle this my way for a few days longer, ok?
>
> Nope, it didn't (not yet at least). I tried to get it last year when Sam
> didn't pay his bill, but of course NetSol doesn't let you get expired domains.
> Apparently, he ended up paying the bill eventually.

I have made voice contact with Sam.  He is checking on the name service
stuff now.

For the record I don't care who maintains either installfest.* or svlug.com.
All I want is, if someone thinks SVLUG is involved with them, to know what
to say about those.

If NetSol actually does refuse to sell expired domains, that's okay, then
we would know what its status was.  And, SVLUG has been around long enough
now, do you really feel sorry for some poor sob who can't type "SVLUG"
in at google and hit all your editorials, cross references from windows
refund day sites, "Launch 98 on a rocket" coverage and so on?  Ha.