[web-team] newsvlug.svlug.org

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Sun Jul 1 12:55:01 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 12:51:58PM -0700, Heather wrote:
> Okay, I'm visiting now.  I've used the sneaky hack of tweaking my /etc/hosts
> so www.svlug.org leads to the new one, during tests.
>
> 1.  SSI must be turned on for the svlug server.  That's a show stopper.
>     To recreate the site so it is dependent on a different backend logic
>     would be a lot of work.

It should be turned on, but I agree that things aren't working:
/etc/apache/httpd.conf
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

I wasn't sure if it was an shtml problem, a php problem or else.

> 2.  cronjobs have to exist to update the news widgets.  We have no ruler
>     of cronjobs officially since Lisa left - Fetch has been running on
>     automagic.  Which reminds me, it would be about time for me to fix
>     the c.o.l.a bug.

I moved the cronjobs to you.
They should probably be listed in /etc/crontab though under any UID you wish
(www-data I suppose)

> It might be convenient if I had sudo privs to modify the http config,

Done.

Please give a quick overview of what you had to change/fix.

Thanks