[web-team] list of mailing list guidelines

compunuts at telocity.com compunuts at telocity.com
Wed Feb 21 18:47:28 PST 2001

I promised you a list of messages about the needs we have about the web page we want to have on list policies http://lists.svlug.org/pipermail/web/sav

<Winston> I’ve studied current pages that links from the main page and list pages as well. It’s certainly easy to understand and straight forward. On the list pages, lists.svlug.org/mailman/listinfo/svlug and lists.svlug.org/mailman/listinfo/svlug-announce, both have direction on how to subscribe, unsubscribe and recover lost passwords. It’s fairly easy, to me at least, to follow. BUT if you want us to create a how-to page or FAQ page for navigation with mailing lists, we can certainly do that. I’ve also remember you mentioned that we used to have a page for that. What I will do is that I will poke around in svlug machine and see whether I can make the wild-guess and retrieve the old page and modified it. If not, I will write from scratch after testing with the mailing list. </Winston>

the list link on the main page should point to a page that explains:

<Winston> We will leave the link page alone but will modify it somewhat so that people will find the FAQ or HOW-TO easily from that page.  </Winston>

how to subscribe/unsubscribe from a mailman list even if you lost your password

<Winston> Yes. We will include some undocumented features that I found on the mail archive. :-). Gosh.. it was ten pages. heheh   </Winston>