[web-team] Re: your mail

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Fri Dec 21 21:16:03 PST 2001

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 07:16:39PM -0800, Rusty Zain wrote:
> > > When do they have next Installfest ?

"SVLUG Installfests are always on 3rd Saturdays"

perhaps that should be rephrased,

"SVLUG Installfests are on 3rd Saturdays, every single month"

apologies, somehow "October" is stuck on the front page.
    December 2001
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
                   1
 2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   <-- you've missed December's
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
    January 2002
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
       1  2  3  4  5
 6  7  8  9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19   <-- January's is on the 19th.
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

> > Of course, I got your other mail before this one, now I have some idea of
> > what you're talking about.
> >
> > The installfest info is on the svlug web site:
> > http://www.svlug.org/installfest/index.shtml
> >
> >  it seems not been updayed recently that's why I am asking.
>
> It seems that the web-team is behind on updating the web page.

pages, plural.

	1. the text file which feeds the front page's "events" section
	2. the installfest page itself

> Web-team, Hello?

'Fest coordinator in the past had asked to keep the page up to date himself,
so I had avoided interfering.  Thus when I had gotten a bit busy it fell off
my plate of things to check on... sorry.

If the new coordinator doesn't wish to poke in regularly, I can redesign
some of the text so only the top can get dusty, and try to keep the date on
it primed.  I get to about one 'fest in three so I probably can't help much
more deeply than that.

> Marc
>
> PS: For your other questions, you can Email bchrisman at svlug.org

If Brian wants to maintain the 'fest section, he should be on or added to
the web-team list.

Warning: I'm going to be out of town until Wednesday, probably late, so my
next web visit won't be in the next few days...

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078