[web-team] [Officers] RFD: speakers@svlug.org list

Steve Traugott stevegt at TerraLuna.Org
Fri Dec 14 12:06:01 PST 2001

Hi All,

I'm back from LISA (same conference Heather and Jim were at), caught
up on mail, still getting over a cold-like bug Joyce and I both picked
up this past weekend, but otherwise starting to function.

Web-team, you can swing the Speaker Coordinator text and links to
point at me now.  I see two places, though there may be more:
meetings.shtml and officers.shtml.

Tom's been using an alias under his own domain (svlug at tgeller.com) to
catch speaker-related mail, and we've been encouraging people to use
the general svlug list for suggesting speakers for a while now.  This
kind of configuration is hard to manage -- the speaker coordinator has
to wade through the general list traffic looking for suggestions, and
also maintain a separate alias/folder for mail sent to him directly.
Archives of speaker offers and conversation will tend to get lost this
way, too.

Would anyone have any objections to setting up a 'speakers at svlug.org'
Mailman list, and redirecting all proposals there?  The only
subscribers to the list would normally be the speaker coordinator(s),
though the Mailman archives could be generally available.  The speaker
coordinator would also Cc: conversations with potential speakers into
that same list, to help keep things from falling through the cracks,
and provide more continuity in cases of turnover and/or substitute or
co-coordinators.

If there are no objections, I'd like us to do this in the next week or
so.  Thoughts?

Steve
--
Steve Traugott   ` .  *  +                            Speaker Coordinator