[web-team] Web team: Update the site!!!

Tom Geller svlug at tgeller.com
Mon Dec 3 15:34:03 PST 2001

I notice that there's nothing about the December meeting on the site. Hello?

I thought this was out weeks ago. Info follows.

--Tom

---begin---

We're pleased to announce the next meeting of SVLUG, this coming Wednesday.

IMPORTANT: NOTE THE LOCATION CHANGE! This will be in Building *J*.
Directions are at <http://www.svlug.org/directions/cisco-j.shtml>

WHEN:
   Wednesday, 5 December 2001, 7pm-9pm or so.

WHO:
    Michael Ang
    Itinerant Hacker
    Building Applications with Mozilla and XPCOM
    http://www.mozilla.org

ABOUT:
   The output of the Mozilla project is not just a browser;
   it's also a complete, cross-platform application framework.
   At the core of this framework is XUL, a user interface
   description language that allows UI described in XML
   to be combined with application logic coded in JavaScript.
   Complex applications can be built using JavaScript together
   with scriptable XPCOM components that provide access to such
   tasks as network communications, file I/O and manipulating
   cookies. This talk will provide an overview of how to write
   a complete application inside Mozilla, with particular focus
   on how to create reusable XPCOM components.

MORE ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
   Michael Ang is a former Netscape software developer who
   first started working on the "Mozilla Classic" code base in
   1998. While at Netscape he worked on the JavaScript
   interpreter, the XPIDL compiler and XPConnect. His
   activities since then include kernel/device driver hacking
   for the PA-RISC Linux port and continued involvement with
   Mozilla.

WHERE:
   Cisco Building J.
   The land of LETTERS.
   http://www.svlug.org/directions/cisco-j.shtml
   If you have any improvements to make, please let our Web Team
   know! web-team at svlug.org

We look forward to seeing you there!

---end---
--

           Tom Geller  *  San Francisco * tgeller.com
     Outgoing Speaker Coordinator (term ends 5 December 2001),