[web-team] Re: svcs.org link (not spam)

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Tue Aug 21 18:25:01 PDT 2001

[text/html is unsupported, treating like TEXT/PLAIN]

> After months of not working, or getting error 404,
> http://www.svcs.org points today to www.svlug.org
> It ought to point to www.svlug.org/~svcs

I agree.  This appears to be the effect of the DNS resolution now
correctly reaching SVLUG's host, however we have no virtuals at all
yet so you're landing at the default page, which is our stuff.

I made a quick attempt to put in a virtual for you folks, but changing
a host which has no virtuals, to a host which has several, is trickier
than I thought at first glance, and I had to back it out (it didn't
work).  I have to go off to BALUG now but can check it in the morning.

> Thanks
> Kevin Lynn
> SVCS VP

:)