[web-team] (no subject)

Heather star at starshine.org
Thu Nov 30 14:51:58 PST 2000

> Enclosed is a description of a position we are trying to fill.  can it be posted on your site?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sid Lasky

The SVLUG website does not post job listings.  People who wish to hire SVLUG
members are encouraged to come to the meetings and use the time after the
speaker steps down from the podium to network with potential employees and
fellow recruiters.

Our mailing list guidelines consider broadband job postings to be poor
netiquette.

Please note a major percentage of our members are developers and other
*technical* people in the free software community.  As free software has
been popular in the press for less years than the time frame you have
specified, if you should find anyone qualified under the definition
below (10 years in IT/marketing?), you may be skewing your results poorly
for a company directed toward Open Source ...  you might, however, seek out
prominent people in the BSD community, that's a much older free UNIXlike
system.  On the other hand, if you are seeking a highly experienced technical
person to give some more concrete guidance to your Marketing division, you
have a good chance of finding someone at SVLUG.

I believe you might meet BayLISA's job posting guidelines for their job
postings list. See www.baylisa.org for more details.  BayLISA is the Silicon
Valley area system admin group.

* Heather Stern * Web Coordinator, SVLUG