[web-team]Re: [svlug] Subscriber stats?

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Tue Nov 7 10:01:14 PST 2000

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 12:25:43AM -0500, Bill Jonas wrote:
> I remember the old mailing list page had a list of stats telling how many
> subscribers received the lists and also had numbers broken out by TLDs.
> This appears to be missing now; at least, I didn't see it in any obvious
> places.  Is this still around?  If so, where?  If not, are there any plans
> to bring it back?  (I want to find out how many people I annoy when I post.

No, the page is gone because it  relied on stats from egroups I believe, and
egroups kept  changing their web page  format, which broke the  script every
time.
The web team would know more than me on this.

That said, I can give you this:
svlug:/var/local/mailman/bin# ( ./list_members svlug; ./list_members svlug-announce) | sort -u | wc -l
   1230
svlug:/var/local/mailman/bin# ./list_members svlug | wc -l
    643
svlug:/var/local/mailman/bin# ./list_members svlug-announce | wc -l
    796

Yes, this could run from a cron job and be displayed on some web page :-)